Saturday, March 28, 2015

It's probably something I read today.

'Ah..' I thought. 'It's so noisy outside.'
Everyone's outside, I figured. Having lot's of fun and laughing loudly as they played a game.
Why am I not with them? I wondered to myself as I sit here, on the floor with my back leaned against the wall in this messy female dorm room.
I don't really understand - I should be out there in the lounge laughing along with them. But, why then am I not?
Don't get me wrong - I don't find them repelling, neither am I anti-social. In fact, I'm pretty social. So social, that I would pine for human interaction with close friends for days on end. But - I guess, thinking about it now, that's probably the reason why I'm sitting here, alone, in this room. I'm selective.
Very, selective.
I think I'm being selfish - nitpicking who I want in my life. I think it's unfair (to others) that I'm acting this way.
Then change, I hear you say. That's another thing. I don't feel like changing. I don't want to change. I'm comfortable being like this. This way, I can filter who I like, and who I don't like - who annoys me and who gets along well with me.
Is there such a thing as too much human interaction, even?
I guess so.
I don't even remember the real reason I typed out this post.
Maybe I'm just drained from today's activities.
Then again, I was baking myself in the sauna for over half an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment