Tuesday, June 9, 2015

天皇の料理番-4話目 Emperor's Cook - Episode 4

I literally stopped before going to the next episode to write this out with tear stains still drying on my cheeks.
This episode was amazing, to say the very least. It talks a lot about the human nature of jealousy and the urge to fend for one's self when put in a dire situation. It also talks about gratitude and the sincerity of the heart, and the many ways one could interpret and perceive that. Tokuzo's sincerity lay in providing for his wife and unborn child, and that is what's driving him to do better and better every day. I envy his determination and discipline.

This episode was quite emotional for me (as you can observe on your own), not entirely, but from the middle towards the end. Here we see friendships being tested all in the name of jealousy, and forgiveness all in the name of friendship. Not sure if that makes sense, but it sounds pretty deep. Haha!

Anyway, In this episode we see the development of Tokuzo's vegetable slicing ability - and I've got to say, he's got a pretty amazing set of skills. I can't imagine 健さん training day and night just slicing onions and peeling potatoes to be able to slice at such a speed. Just watch out for the 'chateau' part of the episode and you'll see why I'm so awestruck. We also see 健さん's acting abilities as he carries Tokuzo's personality and emotions from its highest to its lowest, and I've got to say, I absolutely admire him for it. He made me cry, damnit. That's good enough for me!

Here, we see Tokuzo punching the shit out of the spiteful chef.
(spoiler)

I learned a couple of pretty handy cooking tips too.
Did you know, you add salt to water when boiling vegetables to retain its greenness?

I guess you could call this entry a review, but I'd think this was a pretty half-assed review without much depth and analysis, but you could tell I was pretty moved by this episode. That's good enough, ね?

No comments:

Post a Comment