Monday, June 8, 2015

Time Out Corner


Welcome to Time Out, where you can eat 3 tapas (Spanish for appetisers) for £13, and have some amazing brewed tea and coffee!




No, I was not paid to say that but I do know the person who owns the place.
Timeout Cafe is situated in Nottingham, United Kingdom (sorry folks who aren't in the area).

When I first stepped foot into the cafe I was amazed by it's totally hipster and minimalist design and layout. It's a great place to chill and relax with a friend, a nice place to study in a group, or if you don't mind some music playing in the background as you grind your books, and of course, a totally great place for some hipster photos to add to your Instagram collection. They've even got a garden swing!

Excuse the sleeping person.
Apparently they had a hectic day when this was taken.

Have a look at their website for more information. But for the lazy bums out there, here's their menu:



Apologies for the smallness of the words, my blog can't stretch as far to accommodate. Boohiss

As you can see, they have a small but pretty diverse menu of popular Asian foodies and nomnoms. Plus, they've got a totally awesome vintage N64 with a variety of #oldskool games (and a vintage TV to boot), and a PS3 to keep you busy and entertained (sorry, FIFA only for now).

Please handle vintage items probably older than you are
with care.

Here are more pictures to make you salivate and hopefully make you come visit!







Sadly I do not have enough photos (because I believe I should be eating the food instead of my camera, but on occasional exceptions).

My favourite main dish is the Mentaiko (the red stuff (shrimp roe) typically found on sushi) Pasta:


I've had it about 3 times now. It has an interesting flavour, that's how I would explain it. It's got a little spice thing going on, some mayo? I can't really tell. It's  pretty much a fusion dish so expect some fusion! (I'm not sure if that was supposed to be a joke) Don't worry, they've now added the volume of the spaghetti so you'll get your money's worth.

Their (beef/vegetarian) Pho (vietnam noodle dish) is pretty good too. I like the flavour of the soup. Feels like home. You can even add fish sauce and Sriracha if it's too bland for your tongue. A heads up though, they serve quite a lot of noodles and the beef is supposed to be partially chewy and soft (think: medium to medium well), so don't be shocked if it doesn't feel properly cooked or if it tastes funny. I personally enjoyed it and finished it till the very last drop. Also I don't like wasting food I've paid for.


They've also got various tapas, as mentioned, such as Takoyaki, Chicken Karaage, Viet Spring Rolls and Korean Sweet Soy Garlic Hot Wings. These are the tapas I've tried. And I've loved all of them. This place is more worth your moolah if you go in a group of 2-3 people or slightly more. That way, you can order a variety of food and share among yourselves.

With all that said, do take note that this place only takes cash. However, there is a convenient cash machine located just opposite, outside a Sainsbury's.

Timeout Cafe is located at:
14-16
Wheeler Gate,
Nottingham, NG1 2NB
United Kingdom.

Locate the Costa and Starbucks facing Market Square, and make your way down the road between them. The cafe is on the Costa side of the walkway, situated upstairs, between Poundland and Central College Salon (or smtg).

Tel: +44 115 837 3610

Opening & closing times: 
Weds - Sat: 11 am - 11 pm
Sun & Tues: 1 pm - 11 pm
Closed on Mondays

visit their social media pages to catch up on their news and to find out more about their food!





No comments:

Post a Comment