"Hey everyone - if anyone actually still reads blogs, what with instant updates and all on social media. It's been almost a year being in working life, 7 months to be precise. It's strange to imagine that this time last year, I would've just got back from life in the UK, ending my chapter as a student and traversing into the unknown world of being a adult. Honestly speaking, it doesn't feel very different from my previous student life. I still eat like I used to back then (minimal meals ftw because, broke), I still have responsibilities, albeit involving more people now rather than just being responsible for myself. I sleep much earlier now since I have a fixed schedule so I guess that's a plus. My social life is kinda sad though. Not having a car doesn't help either." -- sometime late 2017.
----
So, that post up there? Yeah, it was, I think, from October last year. I never really got around to finishing it. Says a lot about my other interests, actually.
Anyway! To update, it has now been a year and a half (17 months) of actually adulting, and I've got to say, contrary to popular belief (or maybe it's just me) it's not all that complicated. I live a relatively carefree life--it's been a blessing, really. I earn enough to have fun when required and to indulge once in a while. Stress, when it arrives once every three months, stays at work where it belongs. Colleagues are like family and we really enjoy each other's company. I don't own a car, loans have been paid, bills are taken care of every month. It's a good life. A comfortable and contented life.
But, sometimes I wonder if life has been too comfortable lately--I've achieved an acceptable level of contentment. So, what's next? Well, you can keep watching this space, as I've got a relatively exciting update coming up! Plans have been put into motion the moment I stepped foot onto Malaysian soil beginning last year in 2017, and all I can say is that I'm kinda excited, anxious, and still in a state of disbelief, all at once. Yes, it's a turbulence of emotions and it's rather disturbing how delayed my reaction is to all this. More on that in the big reveal.
Till then!
----
So, that post up there? Yeah, it was, I think, from October last year. I never really got around to finishing it. Says a lot about my other interests, actually.
Anyway! To update, it has now been a year and a half (17 months) of actually adulting, and I've got to say, contrary to popular belief (or maybe it's just me) it's not all that complicated. I live a relatively carefree life--it's been a blessing, really. I earn enough to have fun when required and to indulge once in a while. Stress, when it arrives once every three months, stays at work where it belongs. Colleagues are like family and we really enjoy each other's company. I don't own a car, loans have been paid, bills are taken care of every month. It's a good life. A comfortable and contented life.
But, sometimes I wonder if life has been too comfortable lately--I've achieved an acceptable level of contentment. So, what's next? Well, you can keep watching this space, as I've got a relatively exciting update coming up! Plans have been put into motion the moment I stepped foot onto Malaysian soil beginning last year in 2017, and all I can say is that I'm kinda excited, anxious, and still in a state of disbelief, all at once. Yes, it's a turbulence of emotions and it's rather disturbing how delayed my reaction is to all this. More on that in the big reveal.
Till then!
Comments
Post a Comment