Thursday, April 28, 2016

It's been such a busy month. It feels as though it's comparable to final year during undergrad, but I can't really remember how it all felt now. It seemed like a lifetime ago when I submitted that blasted dissertation. LOL

Had my final Japanese exam (writing and listening) right after Easter holidays (didn't even realise it was that soon omg /panic) but I think I nailed it. As a result of desperately prepping myself in a span of a week, I started a Japanese blog on Ameba/Ameblo. It's such a strange and interesting place. I mean, it's almost like Friendster and Myspace all over again (minus the super bling-ed profile pages)! I still can't read 90% of the stuff over there but at least there's the 10%, right? I did pray for tangible improvement, and I guess that prayer is answered? Three weeks ago, I wouldn't have been able to construct sentences, let alone write (super short) paragraphs. And now I have a blog. Let's hope it doesn't turn into a sad case of abandonment.

If I told my younger self of 5 years ago that I'd be doing a Masters in the UK, starting a Japanese blog and actually enjoying myself, my younger self would look at me funny and say 'yeah right.'

Anyway, there's at least some kind of deadline every week. And by God's grace, I'm managing to handle each efficiently. I wish I was this effecient in undergrad. Things might have been much more different. But then again, who am I to question fate?

Asides from the mundane things, it's been super cold this week-- a ridiculous 4°C, which seems to be the average for now. For goodness' sake, it's almost May. What happened to SPRING? I know winter seems to be the permanent resident here in Britain, but seriously, is this even a joke? Apparently it even snowed this afternoon for a bit. I was too busy working the counter to even notice until my friend pointed it out to me. By that time, it had already stopped (lol).

Nothing else seems to be happening much asides from that. Trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle, but when you're a broke student, 'healthy' seems to be a much more illusive goal than usual.

P.S: For some reason, my brain is thinking in Japanese (style of speech and writing). I don't suppose that's a good thing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment