'Ah..' I thought. 'It's so noisy outside.'
Everyone's outside, I figured. Having lot's of fun and laughing loudly as they played a game.
Why am I not with them? I wondered to myself as I sit here, on the floor with my back leaned against the wall in this messy female dorm room.
I don't really understand - I should be out there in the lounge laughing along with them. But, why then am I not?
Don't get me wrong - I don't find them repelling, neither am I anti-social. In fact, I'm pretty social. So social, that I would pine for human interaction with close friends for days on end. But - I guess, thinking about it now, that's probably the reason why I'm sitting here, alone, in this room. I'm selective.
Very, selective.
I think I'm being selfish - nitpicking who I want in my life. I think it's unfair (to others) that I'm acting this way.
Then change, I hear you say. That's another thing. I don't feel like changing. I don't want to change. I'm comfortable being like this. This way, I can filter who I like, and who I don't like - who annoys me and who gets along well with me.
Is there such a thing as too much human interaction, even?
I guess so.
I don't even remember the real reason I typed out this post.
Maybe I'm just drained from today's activities.
Then again, I was baking myself in the sauna for over half an hour.
It's been such a busy three days that I couldn't really sit down and write this post! Monday After I landed, I took a bus from New Chitose Airport to Sapporo. I was supposed to get off at Asabu station (2nd last stop), but silly me decided to get off at the final stop. If you saw my insta story, you'd have seen that I took a taxi, but whooh, my anxiety climbed as the meter rate went from 600+ yen to 1000+ yen. That's like, RM30+ for a 10 minute ride, guys. Of course, getting a taxi as opposed to, say, walking would be the wiser option if you have 45kg worth of luggage to carry around with you, like me. From the airport They use RFID here for their tolls. No obstructing poles. The setting for most anime/manga; high rise mansions (or are they apartments? I still can't tell the difference yet) "Mansions" are not fancy bungalows for crazy rich asians. They're just better & pricier apartments. somewhere in Sappor...
Comments
Post a Comment