Skip to main content

Now it Begins

Since graduation - no, since my family touched down in the UK, I've been eating so much. And my mum complains I've gotten fat ==

Asides from the rain and chilly weather, graduation was, well, not as emotionally charged as I thought it was going to be. If anything else, I was struggling not to yawn so conspicuously during the speeches. Even made it across the platform without embarrassing myself, as seen in the 10 second vid I posted on instagram (wayhey!) Managed to toss my motar, and snap various pictures with friends who came (love you guys) and have some fancy cakes and champagne. Now that that's all over, it still doesn't really feel like I've graduated. Perhaps it has to do with doing masters in the next academic year. I do look forward to staying in the new house though - it's a place I've visited often enough to feel at home.

We've finally left Nottingham after feeding my friends with home cooked food for two days, and by the looks of it, it's gonna be a very long and tiring trip around Europe. Call me a wet blanket, but I prefer to stay home and be indoors, maybe occasionally leave the house for some social interaction but I like my time alone and sometimes peace and quiet. (Read: personal time alone)

Now that we've sort of begun our travelling, I wish to just stay in the hotel/hostel and chill. Sounds like I'd probably make a horrible travelling buddy. Lol.
Anyway, we'll see how London and Europe goes. For now, cheers from Peckham!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There are three things I realised during these couple of days. One: Cooking Mama is available on Android! Imagine to my utter delight that this DS game would be playable on my phone! I've wanted a DS at one point just to play Cooking Mama because, hello, you can cook stuff without looking like a total idiot in the kitchen and burning it down?! I kid. I'm not entirely hopeless in the kitchen, more of the opposite actually *coughselfpraisecough*. Anyway, I would suppose the game's language settings are set to the one your phone's UI is in, but it also allows you to choose which languages you want the game to be in. Of course, Japanese is one of them (duh). The game is free, but (so far) recipes are bought by cash, and they ain't cheap. They come in a bundle of  about six or more recipes that you can cook and combine  with. Yes, combine. Now you can be the Michelin Star chef you've always wanted to be (or not). Since this game is relatively new, I don...

An Adventure Awaits!

It's been pretty hectic over the past few days, and now that I finally have some time to breathe , let me hand you some updates. Last Friday was my last day at work and boy did the girlies prepare a wholesome feast! Also I had a chance to try this yummeh thing: Beautiful cheese. Nanda Chicken, 11, Jalan Solaris 2, Solaris Mont Kiara, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur Just a note, if you like spicy stuff, this is your place. I was dying with level 1 spice. So proceed with caution and don't think you won't shit fire, cuz you might. You can thank me later. Me when I see cheese on my food.  Two things make me an incredibly happy person like in the picture above: 1) Korean food 2) karaoke. There's this Korean place called  in PV128 at Wangsa Maju that serves unlimited supply  of Korean food for the price of either RM25, or RM30. Most of its patrons go for the more expensive option since it appears to be more worth of it...

帰りたい

Have you ever felt this intense urge in your heart, this longing in your soul to go somewhere --  to return to a place you don't physically call home? It's been more than a month since I went to Japan. Suffice to say, I felt what I mentioned above at Haneda airport while counting down the minutes to my departure back to England. New and old friends patiently waited with me as I queued up to checked-in, ate with me my last Japanese dinner bought at the convenience store, and took an abundance of digital memories. These things made it all the more difficult to let go and leave. I put on a smile, wide enough that even my own consciousness is fooled, laughed loudly, assuring myself and the others that I will be back the following year -- the same promise I made the previous year. But life is unexpected and plans are ephemeral. The inital aim of this post was to reflect on my time in Japan (which was no less exciting as the previous time), but I guess it ended up sounding a litt...